Be a Part of the New Fan Video for
OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF
WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Contest Period: The Ringo Starr #GiveMoreLoveContest Photo Contest (the "Contest") begins at 12:01 a.m. United States Eastern Time ("ET") on November 6, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 1, 2017 (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and the United Kingdom, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of Entry and who possess a web-enabled mobile device as of 11/5/17. Employees of Universal Music Enterprises ("Sponsor") and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible for the Contest. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws.
3. How to Enter the Contest: There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest.
By entering, you understand and agree that your Entry in its entirety or any portion thereof, may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be posted on (INSERT URL) (the "Website") and/or used in the Ringo Starr "Give More Love" video ("Video"), in Sponsor's sole discretion. Each Entrant attests that he/she has made all those depicted in the Entry (or parent/legal guardian for any person depicted who is a minor) aware that he/she is submitting an Entry containing them in this Contest, and all depicted (or parent/legal guardian for any person depicted who is a minor) have agreed that Entrant may submit such Entry. Each person, including the Entrant (or parent/legal guardian for any minors) may need to sign and return a release form, in Sponsor's sole discretion. All Entries must be completed and submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 1, 2017 to be eligible. Normal phone/Internet access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants' online service provider may apply.
4. Entry Requirements: Photos must be .JPG, .PNG or .GIF format no larger than 5MB. By including the hashtag #GiveMoreLovephoto in your Entry, you are agreeing to these Official Rules. The Entry may not contain obscene, lewd or inappropriate images or text, including without limitation nudity, acts that are illegal, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Any Entry Material or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright or other proprietary right of any person, living or deceased, or entity (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light), or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. Entries must not contain criminal or tortious activity, including but not limited to child pornography, fraud, trafficking of obscene material, drug dealing, drug use, or gambling and must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable local, state, federal, or international laws and regulations. Entries must not feature beer, distilled spirits (i.e., hard liquor, malt beverages), tobacco products (including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco and snuff), prescription drugs, illegal drugs and related drug paraphernalia, lotteries and gambling. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry Material from any source. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Photo qualifies as an Entry.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant (or parent/legal guardian for any minor Entrant) represents and warrants that Entrant's Entry: (a) is wholly original; (b) does not incorporate or include anything without the consent of any third party who has not expressly authorized Entrant to display their image, likeness or voice in the Entry or otherwise use such image or likeness in accordance with these Official Rules; and (c) does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant (or parent/legal guardian for any minor Entrant) hereby grants the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, designees and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide digital and other right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entries (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on the Website, Sponsor-affiliated websites, social media sites, television and/or other Sponsor-selected media). In addition, Entrant (or parent/legal guardian for any minor Entrant) hereby assigns to the Sponsor all right, title, and interest that he/she may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Entry. Entrant (or parent/legal guardian for any minor Entrant) further agrees to waive any moral rights in and to the Entry. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable or in bad taste in Sponsor's sole discretion will be disqualified and may be removed from any websites at any time. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules and those of Instagram and Twitter will be disqualified. Photos must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such an event, the Photo will not be posted online or used in the Video and will be disqualified from the Contest. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No information regarding Entries or judging, other than as otherwise set forth in the Official Rules, will be disclosed.
5. Judging to Determine the Entries To Be Featured in the Compilation Video: Eligible Entries will be judged by a Sponsor-selected panel of judges ("Judges"), based on the following criteria: Originality and Creativity (50%) and Relevance to Theme (50%), to determine those Entrants that will be included in the Video. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based on Originality and Creativity (100%), to determine the Entry that will be included in the Video, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
6. Opportunities: Several (total amount in Sponsor's sole discretion) Photos will be featured in the Ringo Starr Video for "Give More Love". There is no retail value associated with the opportunity and Entrants will not receive any compensation or royalties for use of Entry or inclusion in the Video. The Video can be found and viewed at https://www.vevo.com/artist/ringo-starr or about December 22, 2017.
7. General Rules: The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost, not received or unavailable network connections or e-mail, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the Entries to be included in the Video from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation (if any) based on the judging criteria listed above in Rule #5.
8. Dispute Resolution: Except where prohibited, by participating, each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of California in the U.S. without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of California and Entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of- pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
9. Release: By entering the Contest, each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) represents and warrants that: (i) all rights to the Entry belong to and are original to him/her, or he/she has written consent to use, and the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) he/she has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) he/she hereby holds the Sponsor and the Released Parties (defined below) harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use Entrants’ biographical information, pictures/portraits, likenesses and/or voices and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively with Instagram, the "Released Parties"), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation (if applicable), the acceptance, possession, or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM: THIS RELEASE DOES NOT APPLY TO CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SPONSOR. Each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) hereby represents and warrants that he/she has read these Official Rules and is fully familiar with its contents.
11. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Universal Music Enterprises, 2220 Colorado Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90404 USA.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter.